With each release of a new Android, a new feature as well as activity change is seen in the updates which are more helpful, more secure, and with improved performance. In many cases, your applications are exactly the way you want them but in other cases, one might need to make some changes. As we all know, the Android 10 (2019) update was the biggest shift to the operating system. Not only the ‘Dark Mode’ introduced but also there were some important changes made in-app permissions.
Android 10 was a pill of growth and maturity for the operating system and still, some principles remain the same in Android 11. The core user boundary and design remain the same as well, but some small tweaks and features will help to refine the platform. Android 11 update is available on selected smartphone brands like Pixel, Oppo, Xiaomi, OnePlus, and more. If you have a phone from Samsung, Motorola, or any other company, you’ll have to wait for few months to update Android 11.
“Android 11– People-centric and expressive, with a new controls space and more privacy features. Extend your apps with conversation notifications and bubbles, try one-time permissions, surface devices, and media in the controls”
You might notice some difference when you first update it up. So to clear up those “Update” doubts, below you’ll find some new features which help it to make the latest version of the operating system at its best.
Highlights about Android 11
Android 11 was built up with a ton of new capabilities and elements. Its focus on the 3 themes which are, Firstly, People-centric- which means to methods to communicate, Second, Controls- helps to quickly reach and control their smartphone, And third, Privacy- to give users a way to share their data on other devices. So, let’s know about them in detail.
- People: Android 11 is people-centric and open, could help to reimagine the way the conversations are made and to build OS which can recognize people.
- First, the conversation notification center: It has appeared at the dedicated section at the top with design, and specific activities have appeared. Like opening a conversation as a bubble, create a shortcut of a conversation on the homepage and reminder settings.
- Second, the bubble: This feature helps the users to keep the conversation in view and can be accessible even if multitasking your phone. For messaging and chats, bubble notification should be enabled.
- Third, Keyword suggestions: It auto-fills apps and IMEs securely which offers the users the context-specific objects and runs directly in the IME suggestion.
- Controls: Android 11 helps the users to control their smart devices easily and quickly in one space. Developers can use the new API to help users to surface their smart devices and control the media.
- Device control: It makes the process faster and easier than ever for android users! Now you just have to long-press the power button and there you go! There are your device controls, instantly in one place.
- Media control: It is convenient for the users to switch their output device for audio or video, no matter what it is say headphones or speakers or even TV.
- Privacy: Android 11 is giving the users more control and transparency over their sensitive and confidential data and permissions. Also, could work on their devices with more security and faster pace.
- One-time permission: Now users can have app access to the device’s microphone, camera, and others in just one go! The app will ask permission when used the next time.
- Background location: It requires an additional step from the users beyond to grant runtime permission. If your system needs a background location, the system needs to ensure that you ask for a foreground location.
- Biometric Prompt: Developers can now use the Biometric prompt to stipulate the biometric authenticator strength which is required to unlock or entree the sensitive parts of the application.
Android 11 will start rolling out on the selected smartphone brands. These are some of the new upcoming features in Android 11. Sooner or later, one would upgrade to Android 11!